Friday Focus: As we wind down before the Christmas holiday, here’s a look at some of the trending news items that dropped in the last 48 hours.
Friday Focus Highlights:
- Business as usual at the United Nations – The U.S. recognition of Jerusalem is denounced in vote.
- Six of the more than 200 charged with felony rioting and property damage were let off the hook by a judge yesterday.
- Rolling stone settles the UVA rape hoax story.
- The sexual accusations in media and Hollwood are still flying.
- Trump Signs Tax Bill.
- UN Denounces US Recognition of Jerusalem
- More at BBC.
- Haley at U.N.: The U.S. Will Remember This Day When It Was ‘Singled Out and Attacked’
- Haley: U.S Will Not Be Told Where To Put Its Embassy
Jerusalem Vote Related:
BREAKING: UN General Assembly votes 128-9 to declare US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital `null and void'
— The Associated Press (@AP) December 21, 2017
.@nikkihaley: U.S. "will remember this day in which it was singled out for attack in the General Assembly for the very act of exercising our right as a sovereign nation…We will remember it when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more." pic.twitter.com/20RGHzfMub
— Evan McMurry (@evanmcmurry) December 21, 2017
OMG I can't believe the United Nations, that hive of scum and villainy, is condemning the US over recognizing Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem. It's not like they're rabid anti-Semites or anything. (Stats below courtesy of https://t.co/bQQDd2bcVo) pic.twitter.com/EagaKWrjh7
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) December 21, 2017
This is rich coming from the globe’s biggest state sponsor of terror => https://t.co/usevaRgd4B
— David M. Drucker (@DavidMDrucker) December 21, 2017
Enemies list. pic.twitter.com/Dtpy0AKpwF
— Caleb Howe (@CalebHowe) December 21, 2017
MORE TOP STORIES
Six activists who were arrested while protesting on Inauguration Day as part of the “J20,” or Jan. 20, protests were each facing five felony charges of destruction of property and two misdemeanor counts of engaging in a riot.
Jennifer Armento, Oliver Harris, Brittne Lawson, Michelle Macchio, Christina Simmons and Alexei Wood were protesting President Trump’s inauguration.
Judge Lynn Leibovitz earlier this month dismissed the more serious charges of inciting a riot.
The defendants were acquitted Thursday after a four-week trial.
- Papa John’s founder steps down as CEO
- California manhunt under way after random shootings target 10 drivers
- Eric Schmidt’s surprise Alphabet announcement rekindles ‘womanizing’ rumors
- Five Women Are Accusing A Top Left-Leaning Media Executive Of Sexually Harassing Them
- Jim O’Sullivan ID’s as the Globe reporter that was forced to resign following sexual misconduct allegations
- Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur Apologizes for ‘Ugly,’ ‘Insensitive’ Old Blog Posts
- Rolling Stone Settles Last Remaining Lawsuit Over UVA Rape Story
- LOL: USA Today’s swing at GOP tax plan accidentally hits Dem narrative in the kneecaps
- Cochran’s future in the Senate in doubt
- Busted Poverty Warrior Maxine Waters’ Plush $4.5 Million LA Mansion: Indoor Swimming Pool; Outdoor Gates & Walls [VIDEO]
OBAMA: SCANDAL FREE
SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS
- Liberal creates anti-conservative adult coloring book for people sick of ‘white guys’
- Which Confederate statues were removed? A running list
- How Facebook’s Political Unit Enables the Dark Art of Digital Propaganda
- Trump first president to protect electric grid from EMP, cyberattackS
- Trump Signs Tax Bill:
FRIDAY FOCUS: AMERICAN LENS TOP STORIES
- Former Register of Deeds Indicted For Embezzlement
- Your Twitter Snark Report For Wednesday December 20th
- Carolina Panthers: The Good, Bad, and #MeToo Ugly Of This Past Weekend
- UNC Board of Governors Policy Protects Campus Free Speech
- South Caldwell High Teacher Faces Obscene Materials Charge
- Digital Learning Grants Approved By NC Board of Ed
- Developers Calling All Shots In Asheville’s River Arts District
FRIDAY FOCUS: LUNCHTIME LINKS RECAP
- Lunchtime Links: Memphis Topples Confederate Statues, Tax Reform Bill Drama, and More
- Lunchtime Links: Train Derails, The Dow Rises, Obama Hezbollah Scandal & More…
- Lunchtime Links: Senator McCain Recovering, Franken to “Reverse” Resignation? and More
- Lunchtime Links: Sexism Alleged at ESPN, WH Woes, and More