The Lunchtime Links for today highlight the calls for Senator Al Franken to resign as a 7th woman has made accusations.
Also on the menu, the Trump Impeachment Resolution that failed bigly and POTUS recognizes Jerusalem as the rightful capital of Israel.
We also have the latest updates on Mueller’s ‘non-partisan’ staffing problems and the fake news about Trump’s ‘financials’.
It is recommended readers finish eating before hitting the Social Justice Warriors section today.
ICYMI AT THE LENS
- Good News Wednesday: The Powerful Pro-Life Story of Tim Tebow’s Friend…
- Washington Post Strikes Out Twice In One Article On NC Taxes
- Known International Terrorist ‘Testifies’ in Raleigh
- FBI and DOJ have Been Under Investigation Since January
- UK Mom: ‘Sleeping Beauty’ Didn’t Give Consent To Be Kissed By The Prince
I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem… pic.twitter.com/YwgWmT0O8m
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2017
"I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel." @POTUS
— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) December 6, 2017
The House has overwhelmingly voted to kill a resolution from a Democratic lawmaker to impeach President Donald Trump.
The vote Wednesday was 364-58.
Democratic Rep. Al Green of Texas says Trump has associated his presidency with causes rooted in bigotry and racism.
After his resolution was read, Republicans held a vote to table it. Democratic leaders announced beforehand they were opposed to Green’s resolution. – AP
MORE TOP STORIES
- Doctors identify brain abnormalities in Cuba attack patients
- Ex-cop Michael Slager faces 19 to 24 years in prison for shooting death of Walter Scott
- WALK OF SHAME: Minnesota Public Radio reports that Al Franken will RESIGN tomorrow; Update: Franken’s office says ‘not accurate’
Senator Franken is talking with his family at this time and plans to make an announcement in D.C. tomorrow. Any reports of a final decision are inaccurate.
— Sen. Al Franken (@SenFranken) December 6, 2017
Yet, today at 11:55 am EST on the Senate Floor, Al Franken announced that in the coming weeks he would be resigning.
In his speech, he refused to acknowledge he had done anything wrong. Apparently these women are ‘misremembering’:
#AlFranken on Senate Floor just now: "Some of the allegations against me are just untrue, others I remember very differently."
— A.P. Dillon (@APDillon_) December 7, 2017
Small wonder he decided to resign, the writing was on the wall:
- 7th Accuser for Franken
- Top Democrats call on Al Franken to Resign
- Schumer called Franken to resign…
- Gillibrand calls on Franken to resign…
- Female Democratic lawmakers hold press conference, calling for Sen. Al Franken to resign amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Woman says Rep. Conyers groped her while they were in church
- Democrat ‘icon’ Conyers resigned; want son to fill his seat
- Flashback: Rep. John Conyers’ son says ‘dad is a player’
- Former Kentucky House Speaker allegedly used campaign funds to cover up sexual relationship
- Longtime NYC public radio hosts suspended after sexual misconduct allegations
- Corey Feldman’s 1993 audio files naming alleged sexual predators found by Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office
BUT YOU GUYS, RUSSIANS
- Mueller deputy praised DOJ official after she defied Trump travel ban order: ‘I am so proud’
- Mueller Deputy Was Personal Attorney of Ben Rhodes, Represented Clinton Foundation
- Trump financial subpoena is old fake news…
- White House Spox: No subpoena
- Russian Lawyer Who Met Don Jr. Submits Senate Testimony — There’s Just One Problem
Some employees, including a few of the bureau’s top officials, have welcomed
their new leader. Others, pointing to Mr. Mulvaney’s earlier hostility toward the
agency and its mission, are quietly resisting. One small group calls itself
“Dumbledore’s Army,” according to two of the people who were familiar with their discussions. The name is a reference to a secret resistance force in the “Harry Potter” books.
An atmosphere of intense anxiety has taken hold, several employees said. In
some cases, conversations between staff that used to take place by phone or text now happen almost exclusively in person or through encrypted messaging apps.
SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS
Warning, this is a not safe for work video that contains girls who appear to be about 10 or 11 dropping the F-bomb. In all my years of covering news, I have never seen anything as appalling as this. (h/t Daily Caller)