Ready for the new work week? Our lunchtime links today cover some of the top stories you might have missed over the weekend including the ‘serious’ error in reporting by ABC news on the Michael Flynn plea deal, the passing of tax reform and the build up of U.S. troops near North Korea.
Also in the line-up – Accusation avalanche updates, terror in NYC, and a Charlotte, NC Councilwoman abuses her position.
- USA orders 16,000 troops, 230 jets to get ready for N. Korea
- Democratic fundraiser Matthew Lieberman charged with racially motivated gun crime in St. Louis
- Mexican man convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 35 years was deported from US 20 times
- DOJ files arrest warrant for illegal immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle case
- Map: Illegal immigration costs California most, $23B, all states $89B
- San Diego opens giant tent to contain hepatitis outbreak
- FBI Launches Investigation Into Antifa Criminals
More Top Stories: Terror In NYC, Baltimore, Chicago
- 1 dead after hit-and-run driver rams into crowd on sidewalk
- Witnesses describe terror after man hurls Molotov cocktail into grocery store
- Man accused of disembowling brother-in-law on CTA bus
- Baltimore sees 319th killing of 2017, eclipsing last year’s homicide total
- Fashion photographer accused of touching, forcefully kissing male model
- Legendary opera conductor molested teen for years: police report
- Lawmaker behind secret $84K sexual harassment settlement unmasked
- Dem. Rep. Ruben Kihuen’s former finance director alleges he sexual harassed her during the campaign
- Awkward: Lauer Blasted Female Senator for Not ‘Calling Out’ Harassing Colleague
BUT YOU GUYS, RUSSIANS
The FBI Agent Who Supervised the Trump-Russia Probe as well as the Clinton email investigation is a Clinton supporter who just so happened to be the same one pushing the Steele dossier. Incredible. https://t.co/Yisd987ux1 pic.twitter.com/Ir1NvcFvtc
— Nick Short 🇺🇸 (@PoliticalShort) December 2, 2017
- ABC News Suspends Brian Ross for 4 Weeks Without Pay: ‘Effective Immediately’
- Twitter has not deleted the ‘fake bombshell’ moment
My job is to hold people accountable and that's why I agree with being held accountable myself.
— Brian Ross (@BrianRoss) December 3, 2017
President Trump took to Twitter on the Flynn plea and set off a firestorm of questions with this tweet about ‘firing Flynn’:
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2017
Sources are now claiming that the president’s lawyer wrote today’s controversial Trump tweet suggesting he knew Flynn lied to the FBI before firing Flynn. https://t.co/28n7UEeIFr
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) December 3, 2017
- Flashback – The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn
- Flashback – Obama leaked to reporters on Flynn
- Conflation or Fake News on McFarland Email? Both? Read the full NY Times story.
- NBC News Tweets out Charging Documents (here and here)
- Flynn Issues Statement
- Comey Tweets Scripture
The Left is losing their mind over the tax bill:
Save this tweet: People will go to prison for this #TaxScamBill. Intermingling with lobbyists & their campaign donors while writing bills in Congress? No way everything is on the up and up. Rest assured, I’m gonna get to the bottom of this.
— Scott Dworkin (@funder) December 2, 2017
- Washington Post misleads readers on GOP tax reform bill — then Brit Hume smacks them with facts
- Donald Trump pulls US out of UN global compact on migration
- Authorities believed to have found remains of Mariah Woods
- Roy Cooper’s Education Commission: Unelected, Partisan Shadow Group
CLT Councilwoman abuses her position, targets lone local business owner over 2015 push for illegal Charlotte ordinance:
Elected official of #CLT openly targeting a business owner because he signed a letter opposing the first try in 2015 to push the illegal Charlotte Ordinance which precipitated HB2 a year later.
— A.P. Dillon (@APDillon_) December 3, 2017
Meanwhile, the POTUS arguably abused his position in a similar fashion.